Relationship Management Essentials for Metrics
Includes a Live Web Event on 11/01/2023 at 2:30 PM (EDT)
Building and nurturing relationships lie at the core of any successful organization's growth and impact. In the context of metrics, understanding the nuances of relationship management is pivotal for extracting meaningful insights and driving strategic decisions. Join us for this thoughtful session, where we'll delve into the foundational aspects of managing relationships in the metrics landscape. Whether new to relationship-based metrics or seeking to enhance your approach, this session equips you with essential tools for success.
Key Topics Covered:
- Defining Key Terms: Gain a comprehensive understanding of essential relationship management terms such as "visit," "ask," "assignment," and more. Learn how each term contributes to the intricate web of donor interactions and how they translate into measurable metrics.
- Establishing Policies: Discover the importance of consistent policies governing relationship management. Explore topics like portfolio caps, data entry standards, and the criteria for "qualification." Understand how these policies shape data quality and integrity, ultimately influencing the reliability of your metrics.
- Qualification Criteria: Learn the art of determining what constitutes a "qualified" interaction or relationship. Understand the factors that elevate an engagement to the level of significance that merits inclusion in your metrics, fostering accuracy and relevance in your data-driven insights.
- Report Development Process: Uncover the process of developing comprehensive reports that offer transparency, efficiency, and accuracy. Explore how well-structured reporting supports informed decision-making by providing stakeholders with insights illuminating relationships, trends, and performance.
- Supporting Transparency: Delve into the role of transparency in relationship-based metrics. Learn how open and transparent reporting fosters stakeholder trust and aligns organizational goals with measurable outcomes.
- Enhancing Efficiency: Explore strategies for optimizing relationship management practices to ensure data collection and reporting efficiency. Learn how to streamline processes, minimize redundancies, and maximize the utility of your metrics.
Who Should Attend: This session is tailored for a wide range of professionals who engage with relationship-based metrics, including fundraisers, relationship managers, development officers, data analysts, and anyone responsible for managing donor interactions. Whether you're just starting to incorporate relationship data into your metrics framework or seeking to refine your existing practices, this session offers valuable insights and practical takeaways.
Deputy Director of Relationship Management
Karin McDowell is the Deputy Director of Relationship Management at UNICEF USA. Based in Central Illinois, Karin partners with Individual and Institutional Philanthropy officers from New England to Los Angeles, from Chicago to Houston. Karin enjoys cheering on her gift officers’ successes, collaborating with them on their portfolios and partners, thinking about how to make business intelligence work for them, and finding ways to solve their pain points. When not at work, Karin is cheering her kids on, riding her bike, piecing a quilt, dreaming up the next trip, working on a grad school assignment, serving on her local library board, or reading a book.