How Summa Health Engaged Retired Physicians as Partners in Fundraising
Sandy will share a case study of a strategic plan engaging retired physicians within a healthcare organization. She will present the organized approach used by the Summa Foundation; from obtaining buy-in, to creating the plan, identifying and building the team of retired physician volunteers, coaching, developing talking points, partnering with fundraisers, preparing the prospect list, oversight of the program, data management, and finally, presenting the outcomes. She will examine procedures that were developed and guidelines that were used to protect information and explain the volunteer selection process. She will show the ways in which she enlisted the CRM to manage the process from qualification to cultivation and thru to solicitation and stewardship. She will explain how attributes were created and used to track the process as well as the methods used for extracting the data. She will also diagram the process and share the guidelines the development team put into place for managing the volunteers and meetings with prospects. A group discussion will conclude the session.
Foundation Data Intelligence & Research Manager
Summary of Qualifications:
• Over 9 years of combined prospect management and prospect research experience within a non-profit setting.
• Over 13 years combined experience in higher education administration.
• Demonstrated expertise in prospect research, management and tracking within The Summa Foundation and the Division of Institutional Advancement at Kent State University.
• Demonstrated expertise in the administration of scholarships within the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs at Kent State University.
- Proven leadership within both higher education and non-profit settings.
- An effective professional with the ability to work with and build relationships throughout the community at large and with university administrators, professionals, faculty, and staff.
- An effective communicator with well-developed coordination, programming, writing, and presentation skills.
- A designer of communications to enhance public awareness of causes and organizations with the ability to initiate, develop and coordinate fundraising activities to secure funds for distinct purposes.
- A highly motivated and energetic individual with the ability to develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels and see projects through from conception thru fruition.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage budgets.