Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Prospect Researchers in Healthcare
Recorded On: 07/29/2021
Many hospitals and healthcare organizations are beginning to explore how to more authentically represent the communities and patients they serve. This includes examining fundraising practices with the goal of becoming more inclusive and welcoming to a variety of donors. As such, how to meaningfully incorporate principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion has become an increasingly significant question for prospect researchers. Prospect researchers at healthcare institutions have many opportunities to drive change in fundraising practices at their organizations in this area. At the same time, to make progress, healthcare fundraising shops and prospect researchers must be prepared to tangle with tough questions and issues.
This session will review strategies and ideas for incorporating diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in prospect development practices at healthcare organizations. It will examine:
• diversifying donor pools and boards
• refining research and portfolio management tactics to address unconscious bias
• benchmarking and goalsetting
This session will also highlight and discuss some of the challenges encountered by prospect researchers in healthcare fundraising shops in diversity, equity, and inclusion work, as well as potential approaches for managing these challenges. This includes:
• acknowledging the larger context that fundraising is taking place in, including understanding the historic distrust of healthcare institutions among certain populations
• defining prospect research's role in organizational change
• navigating privacy laws and the ethical collection and storage of data
This webinar is worth (1) CFRE point.